How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.0 Lollipop
There were device like Dell Streak 5 which launched before Samsung announced first Galaxy Note device with a huge 5.3-inch display. After that there was no looking back. The Note series become so popular that they are now one the most popular smartphones in the world. These devices first gain popularity because of their big displays but now its not all about display and its more about what different your can do with huge display, which features are unique. Note 3 made lots of headline during its launch, it was obvious to make headlines because the device was filled with high-end specifications and features like a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED Full HD display powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (N9005, N9002)/ Exynos 5 Octa 5420 (N900) chipsets, Adreno 330 GPU and paired with 3 GB RAM. The device is available in 3 different storage options 16 GB/ 32 GB/ 64 GB. A 13 MP rear camera with video recording capability of 2160p@30fps and 2 MP front facing. The Note 3 came packed with Android 4.3 Jellybean and is now upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop. In this article, we’ll guide you how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to latest official Android 5.0 Lollipop stock firmware. Just follow the simple guide and you can enjoy Lollipop in your device after that, make sure your don’t skip anything and follow the instructions properly.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 only. Don’t try this on any other device, You can leave a comment down below if you need help related to your device .
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- You will need a PC or Laptop for this method.
- Download the Odin3 v3.09 Flash Tool zip file from Here
- Download official Android 5.0 Lollipop stock firmware zip file from Here or Here
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- For safe installation follow all the instructions given above.
- Download Odin3 zip file and stock firmware file in your PC or Laptop.
- Download the stock firmware zip file and extract it in your PC.
- Extract the Odin3 v3.09 zip file in folder on desktop.
- Now boot your device in Download Mode. Power off your phone then press and hold the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button all the same time.
- Connect your device to PC using USB data cable.
- Run the Odin3 .exe file as Administrator from the folder where you extracted the Odin3 zip file.
- Once the device is connected the COM Port will turn blue in Odin flash tool.
- Make sure that Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked, Click on AP button and choose the stock firmware file with .tar.md5 extension your extracted earlier.
- Now click on Start button to start flashing process.
- When its finished, your smartphone will reboot.
Your device’s is successfully updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop. First boot can take few minutes so be patient.