How to Update LG Google Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.3 KitKat
Find out How to Update LG Google Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.3 KitKat Official Stock Firmware with easy method and step by step instructions. Latest Android 4.4.3 kitkat update is available for Nexus devices now. You can easily update your device from OTA update (Settings-> About Phone-> Check Software Updates). If your device didn’t got any update notification then follow step by step instruction given by me below and update your Nexus 5 to latest Android 4.4.3 kitkat. Keep in mind that your device will lose root access after this update but you can root again from here.
Before You Begin:
- Backup device storage, SMS, contacts, calenders and other stuff (This procedure won’t wipe any of your present data on the phone, but we prefer to be at a safe side, always)
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus 5. Read guide here how to enable USB Debugging in Android devices.
- Make sure your Nexus 5 is charged al least 60%.
- Download & Install Latest Nexus 5 drivers in your PC.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Nexus 5 To Android 4.4.3 Kitkat:
- Download and extract ADB & Fastboot zip file on your desktop.
- Download Android 4.4.3 Update zip file and move to the extracted Fastboot+ADB > Win32 folder.
- Now open the Fastboot+ADB > Win32 folder and rename the Android 4.4.3 update zip file to update.zip .
- Now in Win32 folder, hold shift button and right click in empty space of folder and choose ( Open Command Window Here ).
- Power off your device completely.
- Start your device again by holding Power Button + Volume Down at same time and this will boot your device in Fastboot mode.
- Now go to Recovery Mode with Volume button and select Recovery Mode by pressing Power Button.
- Once you see a Android Robot with its belly open, hold Power button and press Volume Up button briefly. This will boot your device in Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply update from ADB in Recovery Mode with Volume buttons and select it with Power button.
- Now connect your Nexus 5 to PC with USB cable.
- Type the command given below in Command Window opened by you in 4th step and hit Enter button.
adb sideload update.zip
- It’ll start flashing new update in your device, After the process is complete reboot your device.
That’s it!! Your Nexus 5 is successfully updated to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat. If you want toget Root access back after update Click Here.