How To Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 To Android 5.0 Lollipop
Find out How To Install/Flash/Update Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 To Android 5.0 Lollipop using CM Custom ROM with easy method and step by step instructions. Galaxy Nexus is part of very popular Nexus series of smartphone. The device launched in 2011 and is not receiving any official updates after Android 4.3 Jellybean. But thanks to the Android developers Lollipop Custom ROM is available for Galaxy Nexus now. In this article, we’ll guide you about how to flash CM Custom ROM in your Galaxy Nexus device.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before Your Begin:
- This method is only for Galaxy Nexus I9250.
- You have to root your device first and install Custom Recovery in your device (Important)
- Make sure your device is charged at least 60%.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for Galaxy Nexus.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
Download Required Files:
How To Flash Android 5.0 Lollipop:
- Follow all the instruction given above for safe installation.
- Download all files from the “Download Required Files” section.
- Transfer all the downloaded files in your Galaxy Nexus.
- Boot your device in Recovery Mode, Press and hold “Volume down + Up + Power buttons” together for a few seconds. From the bootloader menu, choose “Recovery” and press “Power Button” once again to get into recovery mode (Use Volume Buttons for navigation and Power Button for selection).
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset your device from Recovery menu and also Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now choose “Install zip from SD card” and select the Custom ROM zip file.
- After flashing Custom ROM, again select “Install zip from SD card” and flash GApps zip file.
- After the flashing process complete, select “Reboot System Now” and restart your device.
- The first boot maybe take some time.
That’s it!! Enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop in your Galaxy Nexus I9250 smartphone.