Find out How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC One M9 official method from HTCDev.com site, easy method and step by step instructions. Unlocking bootloader is important if you want to root, flash custom recovery, flash custom ROM in your HTC device. In this article, we’ll guide you about how to unlock the bootloader of HTC One M9 using ADB & Fastboot.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your device after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin :
- This method is only for HTC One M9.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Make sure your device is charged at least 60%.
- Install HTC Drivers in your PC/Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging in your HTC One M9.
- Register an account on HTCDev.com
Download Required Files :
How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC One M9 :
- Login to your account on the HTCDev.com website.
- Open the bootloader unlock page → Click here
- Now select All Other Supported Models from the drop down list.
- Click the Begin Unlock Bootloader button to start the process.
- Now extracted the mfastboot-v2.zip file in folder on your desktop.
- Open the folder and run a command prompt there by pressing Shift + Right click on any empty space inside the folder, and select Open command window here from the context menu.
- Now connect your device to PC using Data cable and run the following command (It’ll boot your device into download mode).
adb reboot download
- After booting into Download Mode, In the command prompt, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- This command will display a long token on the command screen. Copy this token by Right clicking on an empty space and select Mark and highlight the block of text starting from <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> and ending with <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>. Right click again on the highlighted text to copy it.
- Now visit the following link → Click here. Paste the copied token directly (don’t copy it in notepad and then paste here) in the place where it says My Device Identifier Token and click on Submit button.
- Now you’ll receive a e-mail from HTC Dev with Unlock_code.bin attached to the e-mail. Download it and paste it the folder where you extracted the ADB & Fastboot files.
- Now type the following command in the CMD and hit Enter.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- A screen might appear on your phone now asking you to confirm the Bootloader unlock. Use Volume Up button to highlight Yes and select it using Power button.
- Your HTC device will reboot now.
Bootloader of your HTC One M9 is successfully unlocked.