How to Root/Install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T I337)
Along with the release of international variant of Galaxy S4. GT-I9500, Samsung also unveiled US & Korean variants of the same.Now Samsung Galaxy S4 is available on AT&T also.A root tool has been released for the AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. Read this entire post and make sure that you don’t skip any steps that are listed in it and you will be able to root your device at your first attempt without problems.
1. Before You Begin:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T (Check it: On Settings>About Device)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
3. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T:
- Enable Developer Option: Open Settings>Click on More & Scroll Down>Click on About Device>Now Tap on Build Number ( Tap 7 Times).Now your Device will Notify you that Developer Options are Enabled.
- Now Return to the More tab>Click on Developer Options>Enable USB Debugging Option.
- Extract its contents to a single folder named Motochopper.
- Connect your AT&T Galaxy S4 with your computer via USB Cable.
- Open the Motochopper folder.
- Launch the file that is named ‘Run’ or ‘Run.bat’.
- Motochopper command line window will appear and you’ll be asked to ‘Press enter to continue…’ in order to begin the root process. Confirm.
> The app will begin to flash files such as SuperUser.apk and root the phone. This shouldn’t take more than 10 seconds.
- When the AT&T Galaxy S4 is successfully rooted you will simply need to press Enter to reboot the phone.
- Unplug the device from computer.
- After the phone boots into normal mode you can verify that the root has been applied using the Root Checker app from Google Play Store here.
- Launch Root Checker and then press the ‘Verify Root Access’ button that’s displayed on its main screen. It should say’ Congratulations! This device has root access!’.
- That’s it, you’ve managed to successfully root your Galaxy S4 I337 AT&T model.
- If you are Successful in Rooting of your device.You can easily flash Custom Recovery in your device.
- Download this App:For TWRP Recovery Download GooManager.
- Install this app in your Device and Launch it.
- Tap Menu and then Hit Install OpenRecoveryScript.
- It will download & Install Custom TWRP Recovery in your device.