HTC One (M7) is the new HTC’s flagship phone for 2013, and available this month in certain countries. In the U.S. the phone will be available at top U.S. wireless carriers (including AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile) and also rumoured to be available on the Verizon network. This phone is the first phone from HTC with a full aluminium body and double front speakers (BoomSound). Besides HTC One also comes with new features such as Sense 5 with Zoe that brought your photo to life, and also Blinkfeed that makes you always updated on the social network.Here is the normal method that you should do in order to root HTC One (M7), working with all versions (AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile). Also could work on Verizon versions when they become available.BY EditAndroid
1. Before You Begin:
- HTC One M7 (Any Version) with Unlocked Bootloader (if bootloader is not unlocked do it from here HTCDev)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download HTC One USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
- Download Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed or Super SU (Copy it in root folder of your device memory)
- Adb & Fastboot
3. Rooting/Flashing Recovery in HTC One (M7):
- First Unlock Bootloader of Device from Here (Follow instructions given their).
- Download Recovery from above links (Download According to you Carriers)
- Download Fastboot Zip file from above and Extract them in a folder.
- Now Move the Download Recovery.img (Downloaded from above) in that folder.
- Open the CMD window by pressing shift + right mouse click and then choose the Open command window here.
- Enter into bootloader mode, by turning off the phone and then turn it on again by pressing power button + volume down key at the same time. Upon entry into the Bootloader menu, select FASTBOOT.
- Connect HTC One (M7) to PC via USB cable, and the phone will switch to FASTBOOT USB menu.
- Type the following command to flash the CWM recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img), depending on your downloaded recovery file name, in this guide we rename it to “recovery.img”.
- After a successful flash recovery, now turn off your phone and turn it on into Bootloader mode just like step 6. Upon entry into the bootloader menu select RECOVERY menu.
- You will head to the CWM recovery main menu, select Install zip from SD card and find the root exploit file (SuperUser or SuperSU) you have downloaded from above, and flash it and reboot.
Congrats,You are successful in rooting of your HTC One….Now Enjoy 😀