Rooting and flashing a custom recovery on the Celkon A119 Signature HD has become possible, all thanks to the developers who put their efforts into creating something good for this device. The guide below shows exactly how you can root your device and get the most out of it, and here you go:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Scatter file
4. SU ZIP
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Celkon A119 Signature HD:
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from SP Flash Tool archive over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the SP Flash Tool executable file and it’ll open.
4. Click on Scatter-loading button and select the Scatter file you downloaded earlier.
5. Now checkmark the box labeled as RECOVERY and choose the Recovery Image you’ve placed on your Desktop.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Pull the battery out of your device and put it back in after a few seconds.
8. Now without turning ON your device, connect it to your PC via USB cable.
9. Hit Download button in the tool and it’ll begin flashing the recovery on your device.
10. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
Great! You have successfully flashed the custom recovery on your device, now is the time to root it.
IV. Rooting the Celkon A119 Signature HD:
1. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the SU ZIP file over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once the file’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Turn it back on by holding down Volume UP+Power buttons together.
6. Your device should now reboot into Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the SU ZIP to be flashed on your device.
9. It should take a minute or two to finish flashing the file.
10. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your device has been rooted as well as equipped with a custom recovery to let you flash ROMs and Mods!