Along with the release of international variant of Galaxy S4. GT-I9500, Samsung also unveiled US & Korean variants of the same. Unfortunately, AT&T and Verizon integrated a locked bootloader with their respective variants of Galaxy S4 making a development more difficult. But luckily, T-Mobile shipped their Galaxy S4 with unlocked bootloader.
Also Check Out The Top 5 Best Custom Roms For Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile : Click Here
1. Before You Begin:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 (Check it: On Settings>About Device)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
3. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile (SGH-M919)
- Turn off the phone completely
- . Enter into download mode. To do so, hold Volume down + Home button together. While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see Green Android Robot and downloading text written below it.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your PC & connect the phone using USB cable.(Download from above)
- If your phone is connected successfully, you’ll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it (If your ID:COM box doesn’t turn into blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers using the link mentioned in Before You Begin Section).
- Extract the rooting package to obtain a file having .tar.md5 extension.In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar.md5″ file.
- Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not ticked.
- Hit the Start button to initiate rooting process of your Galaxy S4 M919.
- Wait till Odin finishes flashing a rooting package. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the ‘Pass’ message above ID:COM (with the Green colored background) & device will restart automatically.
Here you done unplug your device.For confirm rooting check App Drawer a new app named Super SU is intalled in your device or not..
If you want to flash Custom Recovery in your device : Click Here
Rooting Mehtod By: EditAndroid