Sony is in the right track as they started to update Sony Xperia Tablet Z, one of the most beautiful built android tablet to latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Official Jelly Bean for Sony Xperia Tablet Z is now available via OTA (Over the air) or Sony PC Companion for windows Sony Bridge for Mac. No matter your Sony Xperia Tablet Z is with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, our root tutorial here is workable and applicable for both of this firmware version. As what we understand, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean bring even more smoother buttery Jelly Bean performance, customized toggle button, improved notification menu bar and multiple lock screen feature with widgets.BY EditAndroid
1. Before You Begin:
- Sony Xperia Tablet Z with Android 4.1.2 / 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Sony Xperia Tablet Z USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Sony PC Compainion.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
3. Rooting the Sony Xperia Tablet Z:
- Download DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v15_perf-event-exploit.zip to your computer.
- Extract the zip file into a folder. You should see a “files” folder and a “runme.bat”.
- Ensure you have enabled USB Debugging and enable “Unknown Sources” in Settings->Security->Unknown Sources on your device.
- Connect your device to computer while it is powered on.
- Skip “PC Companion Software” prompt on the device screen.
- Download click to launch “runme.bat”.
- [Follow screen instructions] Press any key to continue.
- Complete the process to install busybox and SuperUser.
- Reboot your device and you should have root access gained.
- Download root checker to check your root status.
Congrats You Device is Rooted Now……Now give me party…:D
If this method doesn’t work for you please try this:
You must follow Before You Begin steps given above
Download Root Script: Here
- Download Root Script.
- Extract the downloaded Root Script zip file.
- Connect your device (Must follow Before you begin steps given above)
- You find a file named RunMe.bat in the extracted folder
- Now run this file.
- You see some options their like Normal Mode , Special Mode , Mode 3 etc.
- Select Special Mode and let him do his work.
- After rooting you will see a successful message.