In this article, we’re gonna guide you about how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9502 running on Android 5.0.1. Lollipop. We will use Odin Flash Tool to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 with the CF-Autoroot file. The method is pretty simple and easy just follow the instructions step by step and you’ll be able to root your device.
Before You Begin
- First of all this method is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9502 running on Android 5.0.1.
- Now make sure your device is fully charged or at least 40%. Don’t blame me if your device switch off during the process and get soft-bricked.
- You need to have a Windows based PC or Laptop for this method.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Samsung device in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
Download Required Files
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9502
- First of all please follow all the instructions written above step by step properly.
- Extract the above downloaded file in a folder at your PC’s desktop. After extracting you’ll able to see following files.
- Now switch off your smartphone.
- After switching-off the Smartphone, you need to boot your device into Download Mode. To do that Press and hold Volume Down, Home Button and Power Button at same time for 5-8 seconds (you have to press and hold the buttons at same time) until download mode is active.
- In the Download mode you will be able to see a Warning Yellow Triangle Sign. Press the Volume up key to continue.
- Now run the Odin3 file in your PC (You’ll find it in the files you extracted earlier).
- After launching the Odin3 file in your PC, connect your device to PC using USB data cable.
- Once you have connected the Smartphone to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize the device and will show “Added” message at the lower-left panel.
- Once your device is recognized by Odin Flash Tool, Click on the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file (You’ll find it in the folder where you extracted the zip file you downloaded earlier).
- Now after all this, click on the Start button on the Odin Flash Tool to start the rooting process.
- The whole rooting process will take less than a minute, after successful rooting you’ll see a Green PASS! message in Odin and your device will reboot automatically.
- Now you can disconnect your device from PC.
- Now open Applications Menu on your Smartphone and Find SuperSU App. If this app exist on your Smartphone then it means you have successfully rooted your device.