Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is another giant smartphone from Samsung after Galaxy Mega 6.3. Both Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and 5.8 were first unveiled in months ago. Samsung Galaxy Mega is yet to start selling in worldwide, instead now just limited to certain countries and region for its availability. Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is also a typical mid range smartphone and comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Great news for all Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 users, rooting method for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is now available after Galaxy Mega 6.3. Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is available as GSM (GT-I9150) and dual sim GSM (GT-I9152) version. In this entry, we will provided you a complete root guidance on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8.
1. Before You Begin:
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 Dual Sim GSM version
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
- CWM Touch Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (recovery.tar.md5 | 8.3MB)
- Samsung Odin v3.07 (Odin 3.7.zip | 1.18MB)
- SuperUser (Update-SuperSu-V1.34.zip | 1.05MB)
3. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8:
- Download the CWM Touch custom recovery (from download links above) into a folder in computer. You should see recovery.tar.md5.
- Download and extract Odin3.07.zip into a folder in computer.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Download Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button.
- You should see a warning triangle sign, press Volume Up to continue.
- You should see Odin Mode at the top and Downloading… , Do not turn off target!!
- Launch Odin executable file by double-clicking on Odin3 v3.07 exe.
- Connect your device to your computer with USB cable.
- Wait until Odin to show an “Added” message at the lower-left message box.
- After your device is detected by Odin, click on the PDA button and select the*.tar or *.tar.md5.
- Make sure the Repartition option is not checked under Options & checked on Auto Reboot.
- Click Start button to flash *.tar or *.tar.md5 to your device. Monitor the flash progress on Odin.
- A green “PASS” message should show for a success flashing.
- Your device shall reboot automatically.
- If you fail to flash *.tar.md5 firmware, remove the extension of *.md5 with only*.tar and try to re-flash again.
- Power off your device.
- Enter Recovery Mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up key, Home button, and Power button.
- Navigate and select with Volume Up and Down button and use Power button to select in Recovery home menu.
- In Recovery home menu, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from internal sdcard.
- Select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip and click Yes to install.
- Back to Recovery home menu, select reboot system now.
- Your device shall reboot with root installed.
- Download root checker to check your root status OR open your applications drawer and you should see SuperSU is installed.