Find out How To Root And Install Custom Recovery In Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation (2014) Any Variant with easy method and step by step instructions. Moto series of smartphones from Motorola is very popular these days. Who doesn’t like a smartphone packed with strong hardware, stock Android and cheap price?? After success of Moto G, Motorola came with Moto G 2nd generation with some updated hardware and software tweaks. In this article, you have to Download the Moto G toolkit and follow instructions given into it.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin:
- This method is only for Moto G 2nd Gen.
- Make a backup of all your important data.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your device from Here (Windows) or Here (MAC/Linux).
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Click Here for Instructions.
- Charge your device minimum 60% for safe installation.
Download Required Files:
How To Root Moto G 2nd Gen:
- Follow all the instructions given above first.
- Download Moto G 2014 Toolkit, extract it and then install it.
- Reboot your phone into bootloader mode, Power off your device, hold the Volume Down and Power Button.
- Launch Moto G 2014 Toolkit in your PC.
- Enter this command one by one (Choose one from TWRP or Philz Recovery) :
- [alert type=white ]bootloader.bat unlock/relock
- That’s it!! Your device is rooted now and Custom Recovery is flashed too.
- twrp.bat boot/flash
- philz.bat boot/flash
- logo.bat nowarning/warning[/alert]