How to Root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware I777UCMD8
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update finally arrived on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777. With latest Jelly Bean installed on Galaxy S2, your phone is now transformed into a brand new smartphone with lot of exclusive Jelly Bean goodies installed.If you want to root your device.Complete rooting guide is given below:
1. Before You Begin:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (At&t SGH-I777) (Only Use for this modal)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S2 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
- Framaroot (framaroot-1.4.2.apk | 2.16 MB)
3. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S2 – AT&T SGH-I777:
- Browse this webpage using your device.
- Download Framaroot apk file into your device.
- Go to Menu—>Download, locate the Frameroot apk file.
- Press on Frameroot apk file in the Download folder. A pop-out windows ask for confirmation, press confirm/yes to proceed with Framaroot installation.
- Once Framaroot successfully installed on your device, you shall find Framaroot icon in the Menu.
- Press on Framaroot icon in Menu to launch the app.
- In Framaroot user interface, choose Aragorn exploits within the list of exploits.
- You shall now receive a exploit results: “Success… Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device”
- Download root checker to check your root status.