Find out How To Root And Install TWRP Custom Recovery On Oppo Find 7a with easy method and step by step instructions. Oppo Find 7a is latest smartphone from Chinese manufacturer Oppo. The device is awesome combination of latest hardware and software. Oppo Find 7a come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset with 2.3 GHz Krait 400 Quadcore processor and Adreno 330 GPU. The device has a 5.5-inch display with 1920 x 1080 full HD screen resolution and Gorilla Glass 3 protection for this beautiful display. The device is packed with 16 GB internal storage and support upto 128 GB with microSD card slot. The 2 GB RAM of Oppo Find 7a provide you excellent multi-tasking. Find 7a is based on Android 4.3 and doesn’t come with Kitkat packed in box. A 13 MP rear shooter with 4K video recording support and dual LED flash make him one of the best smartphone camera out there, also a 5 MP front facing camera come with video chat and selfies. The device support all latest connectivity features like 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0 and many more.
Some Benefits Of Rooting :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This method is working and tested on Oppo Find 7a only.
- Download and Install Oppo USB Drivers
- Enable USB Debugging in your Oppo Find 7.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Requried Files:
- Install Android SDK and Setup ADB
- Download DV.zip file
- TWRP Recovery Image (openrecovery-twrp-18.104.22.168-find7a.img)
- SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.9.zip)
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery On Oppo Find 7a:
- Follow all the steps given in Before You Begin and Download Section carefully.
- Download and extract DV.zip file on your desktop (You will find a DVfolder in zip file)
- Now move the download TWRP Recovery Image (openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-find7a.img) to the DVfolder on desktop.
- Power Off your device completely. Now press and hold Volume Up and Power Button together until you see fastboot (bootloader) mode.
- Connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Open the DVfolder on desktop. Press Right Click while holding SHIFT key on empty space inside folder. Right Click menu will appear. Select Open Command window here.
- A CMD window will open in your PC. Type the following command in CMD and hit Enter (This will flash TWRP Custom Recovery in your device).
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-find7a.img
- Flashing of Custom Recovery Image will take few second.
- Now type following command in CMD and hit Enter button again.
This command will reboot your device in normal mode. That’s it, Custom Recovery is successfully installed in your device. If you want to boot your device in Recovery Mode, Power Off your device, Now Press and Hold Volume Down and Power Button together until you see TWRP Recovery.
How To Root Oppo Find 7a:
- Download SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.9.zip) from Download Section given above.
- Connect your device to PC and move SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.9.zip) in your Oppo Find 7a.
- Disconnect your device from PC.
- Reboot your device in Recovery Mode. Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Button at the same time until you see Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.9.zip).
- Confirm your selection.
- Once the flashing of zip file successfully go back to main menu of Recovery Mode and select reboot system now.
Congrats!! Your device is successfully rooted now..