Find out How To Root and Install TWRP Custom Recovery In Google Motorola Nexus 6 with easy method and step by step instructions. The Nexus series from Google is very popular for its awesome combination of hardware and software at a affordable price. Customer also like to buy this beast because it get Android update faster than any other smartphone. In this method we will use CF-Autoroot provided by Chainfire and TWRP Recovery by Dees_Troy.
Image Source : Techradar.com
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom/Recovery in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM/Recovery installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM/Recovery in your Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This method is for Nexus 6 with unlocked bootloader. If your device’s bootloader is locked, this method will also unlock it but it will wipe all your data.
- Download and Install Nexus USB Drivers.
- Enable OEM unlock from Developer options in settings.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Root Nexus 6:
- First of all follow all the instructions given above carefully.
- Download the CF-AutoRoot package in your PC and extract it.
- Turn off your Nexus device.
- Now boot your device into Bootloader mode, turn it off and turn it back on by holding down the Volume Down + Power keys altogether. Release the keys when you enter the Bootloader Mode.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable (Make sure your device is connected properly and drivers are installed).
- Double click the root-windows.bat file. A command window will open up asking you to press a key to continue with unlocking the bootloader and rooting the device.
- Now sit back and relax, Your Nexus 6 will reboot automatically once its rooted.
How To Flash TWRP Recovery :
- Download ADB/Fastboot files from above and extract them in a folder.
- Download TWRP Recovery image from above and rename it to recovery.img .
- Now move the recovery.img file in folder where ADB/Fastboot files are extracted.
- Navigate to the fastboot files folder and open a command prompt inside the folder by pressing Shift key + Right click in the empty space inside the folder, and select Open command window here option from the Windows context menu.
- Now connect your Nexus 6 to computer with USB cable.
- Now boot your Nexus 6 into the bootloader mode using the following command in the command: adb reboot bootloader
- Once in bootloader mode, you can use the following fastboot command to flash the recovery image on your Nexus 6: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot your device once the recovery is flashed.
That’s it, Your Nexus 6 is successfully rooted now and TWRP Recovery is flashed 😀