How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery In OnePlus One
Find out How To Root And Install TWRP Custom Recovery In OnePlus One with easy method and step by step instructions. OnePlus One is a smartphone which changed our mind about high end smartphones. Smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2 come with high end specs but with very high price also. OnePlus One is the first smartphone in the world with a 5.5-inch Full HD Display, 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU, 3 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, 13 MP rear and 5 MP front camera, 16GB/64GB Internal Storage options, 3100 mAh Battery with LTE Connectivity with a price 100$ less then current Nexus 5. Another good news is that OnePlus One come with CyanogonMod 11S ROM based on Android 4.4 Kitkat. But the device is not rooted and you have to do it by yourself. So, In this article you’ll find out How To Root and Flash TWRP Custom Recovery In OnePlus One.
Some Benefits Of Rooting :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This method is working and tested on OnePlus One only.
- Download and Install OnePlus One USB Drivers
- Enable USB Debugging in your OnePlus One.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Requried Files:
- Install Android SDK and Setup ADB
- TWRP Recovery Image (openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-bacon.img)
- SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-xx.x.zip)
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery On OnePlus One:
- Follow all the steps given in Before You Begin and Download Section carefully.
- Rename openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-bacon.img file to recovery.img and copy it to the platform-tools folder in the Android SDK directory on your computer. Please note that the location of the TWRP image should be the same as the ADB and Fastboot files.
- Open the ADB & Fastboot folder on desktop. Press Right Click while holding SHIFT key on empty space inside folder. Right Click menu will appear. Select Open Command window here.
- Connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- A CMD window will open in your PC. Type the command in CMD and hit Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your device will boot in bootloader mode.
- Now type command given below and hit enter button again to flash custom recovery in your device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now type following command in CMD and hit Enter button again.
This command will reboot your device in normal mode. That’s it, Custom Recovery is successfully installed in your device. If you want to boot your device in Recovery Mode, Power Off your device, Now Press and Hold Volume Down and Power Button together until you see TWRP Recovery. If this doesn’t work type adb reboot recovery in CMD to boot your device into Recovery Mode.
How To Root OnePlus One:
- Download SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-xx.xx.zip) from Download Section given above.
- Connect your device to PC and move SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.9.zip) in your OnePlus One.
- Disconnect your device from PC.
- Reboot your device in Recovery Mode. Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Button at the same time until you see Recovery Mode. If this doesn’t work type adb reboot recovery in CMD to boot your device into Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file (UPDATE-SuperSU-xx.xx.zip).
- Confirm your selection.
- Once the flashing of zip file successfully go back to main menu of Recovery Mode and select reboot system now.
Congrats!! Your OnePlus One is successfully root now and have TWRP Custom Recovery installed.