Find out How To Root And Install Custom Recovery In Nexus 4 After Android 4.4.3. Kitkat update with easy method and step by step instructions. Google rolled out Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update for all Nexus devices. You can easily update your device with OTA or if you didn’t get any notification about update you can follow this method to update your Nexus 4 to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat. After update you’ll lose root access and in this article we’ll show you how to get root access back in your device.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your device after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting andinstalling Custom ROM in your device.
Before Your Begin:
- This method is tested on Nexus 4 only running on Android 4.4.3. Kitkat (If your device is not updated to Android 4.4.3 Click Here for instructions).
- Your Device Bootloader must be unlocked.Follow This method for unlocking
- You Need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device (Don’t Know How To??? Follow this)
- Download & Install Google Nexus USB Drivers and then connect you device with PC for complete the installation.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum,If not please charge your device first.
- Make a Backup of your device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Root And Install CWM Recovery:
- Download and extract ADB & Fastboot zip file on your desktop.
- Download CWM Recovery Image and rename it recovery.img and then move in extracted Fastboot+ADB > Win32 folder.
- Download SuperSU and copy it in your smartphone.
- Connect you device to PC with USB Cable.
- Open the folder Fastboot+ADB > Win32 folder and Press & hold Shift button and press Right Click of mouse and select Open Command Window Here.
- Now type adb reboot bootloader in cmd for booting your device into bootloader mode OR you boot it by pressing & hold Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once your device boot into Bootloader mode. Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit Enter in Command Window.
- Now type adb reboot recovery in cmd for booting your device into bootloader mode OR you boot it by pressing & hold Volume Down + Power Button and you are in Bootloader Mode now press Volume Down twice and select Recovery Mode by pressing Power Button.
- Select Install zip from sd card in Recovery Mode,Now locate & Select SuperSU zip file.
- Confirm your selection on next step.
- It will start rooting your device, whole process can take few minutes
- Now Reboot your device.
Great!! Your Nexus 4 is successfully rooted and have Custom Recovery installed on Android 4.4.3. Kitkat.