How To Root and Install CWM Recovery In HTC Desire 816
Learn How To Root and Flash CWM Custom Recovery in your HTC Desire 816 smartphone with easy method and instructions. HTC Desire 816 is latest mid-range smartphone from HTC with latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS and HTC Sense UI v6 on top of it. The device come with 5.5 inch display with 1280 x 720 HD resolution. Desire 816 has a 13 MP rear camera with LED flash and features like auto-focus, a 5 MP front facing camera for video chat. Both cameras in Desire 816 support Full HD video recording. HTC Desire 816 is packed with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset with quad-core processor clocked at 1.6 GHz with Adreno 305 GPU. The device has 8 GB internal storage with 1.5 GB RAM and external SD card support.
Some Benefits Of Rooting & Flashing Custom Recovery :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your .
Before You Begin:
- Make sure your device battery is charged upto 60%.
- This method is tested on HTC Desire 816 only.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable it.
- Install HTC Desire 816 drivers from Here
- Your phone bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make a backup of all your important data first.
Download Required Files:
How To Root and Install CWM Recovery In HTC Desire 816:
- Follow all the instructions given above step by step.
- Download both files in your PC.
- Connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Select and move the downloaded SuperSu zip file in your PC.
- Now disconnect your device from PC and turn it off.
- Now boot your device in Fastboot Mode. For that, Press and hold Volume Down key and Power Button at same time for few seconds.
- Now your device is in Fastboot mode. Now connect your device to PC with USB cable again (Make sure all the drivers are installed properly).
- Launch the downloaded CWM_Recovery_en.exe file in your PC and it’ll start flashing Recovery in your device.
- Now, enter in to the “Recovery mode” by selecting “Recovery” from the Hboot menu. Make sure that you don’t reboot your device.
- In Recovery Mode, select Install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card and select the SuperSu zip file you have copied earlier.
- Rooting process will take few seconds, After completion of process reboot your device normally.
That’s it!! Your HTC Desire 816 is successfully rooted now and have CWM Custom Recovery installed.