How To Install/Update Android 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy Note 8
In this article, we’ll guide you about how to install/update Android 8.0 Oreo firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Odin flash tool. The Note series of smartphones is one of the most popular smartphone series out there since the first Galaxy Note was introduced. The Note series is known for its awesome huge display, the Galaxy Note 8 also come with a 6.3 inch display and 1440 x 2960 resolution and this beauty is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The Note 8 is a power packed smartphone with all high-end hardware and software packed into it. Follow this guide carefully and step by step and you’ll be able to install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F only. Don’t try this on any other device, You can leave a comment down below if you need help related to your device .
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- You will need a PC or Laptop for this method.
- Download the Odin3_v3.13.1 Flash Tool zip file from Here
- Download official Android Oreo stock firmware zip file from Here
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- For safe installation follow all the instructions given above.
- Download Odin3 zip file and stock firmware file in your PC or Laptop.
- Download the stock firmware zip file and extract it in your PC.
- Extract the Odin3 zip file in folder on desktop.
- Now boot your device in Download Mode. Power off your phone then press and hold the Bixby + Volume down + Power all the same time.
- Connect your device to PC using USB data cable.
- Run the Odin3 .exe file as Administrator from the folder where you extracted the Odin3 zip file and you’ll see five sections in the Odin tool (BL, AP, CP, CSC, and USERDATA), we’ll use the first four sections for this tutorial.
- Once the device is connected the COM Port will turn blue in Odin flash tool.
- Make sure that Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time is ticked, Click on BL button and choose the BL file from the folder where you extracted the stock firmware file, then click on AP and select the AP file from folder and then CP and CSC respectively.
- Now click on Start button to start flashing process.
- When its finished, your smartphone will reboot.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is successfully updated to Android 8.0 Oreo. First boot can take few minutes so be patient.