Find out How To Install (Flash) TWRP Custom Recovery In Sony Xperia Z2 with easy method and step by step instructions. Sony Xperia Z2 is latest flagship smartphone from Sony. Sony Xperia Z2 is a high-end smartphone packed with latest hardware and software. Xperia Z2 come with 2.3 GHz Snapdragon processor with 3 GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. The device come with 5.2-inch display with Full HD screen resolution with Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass. Xperia Z2 come with 20.7 MP rear camera with LED flash and 4K video recording support. The front camera of Xperia Z2 is 2.2 MP for video chats at 1080p. The device has 16 GB of internal memory with external SD card support (Up to 128 GB). In our last articles about Xperia Z2 we showed you How To Root Xperia Z2 and Flash CWM Custom Recovery In Xperia Z2. In this article you’ll know about how to install TWRP custom recovery in your device.
Some Benefits Of Rooting & Flashing Custom Recovery :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Sony Xperia Z2 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Sony Xperia Z2 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Sony Xperia Z2.
Before You Begin:
- This method is for Sony Xperia Z2 only.
- Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Z2 first. Click Here for official Unlocking.
- You device must be charged at least 50%.
- Download and Install Sony Xperia Z2 USB Drivers in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Xperia Z2. Click Here for our guide on enabling USB Debugging.
- Please backup all your important data first.
Download Required Files:
- One Click TWRP Installer (TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia Z2.zip)
How To Flash TWRP Recovery In Sony Xperia Z2:
- Follow all instructions given above for safe installation.
- Download and extract TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia Z2.zip file on your desktop.
- Connect your device to PC with original USB cable. A pop up will appear on your device asking you to Allow USB debugging for the computer, make sure you tick the checkbox and tap OK.
- Now open the folder extracted from TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia Z2.zip file.
- Locate and run ’1-click-TWRP-recovery-installer.bat’ file in your desktop.
- Follow simple onscreen instruction given by Recovery Installer.
- If TWRP Recovery Installer stuck on < waiting for device > message for more than 1 minute. Then try to download and install Sony USB Drivers again in your PC and make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
That’s It!! TWRP Custom Recovery is successfully installed in your Sony Xperia Z2.