Find out How To Install/Flash TWRP Custom Recovery In Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation with the easiest method and step by step instructions. After huge success of Moto G in market, Motorola decided to launch next upgraded version of Moto G. Moto G 2nd generation is no doubt the best smartphone in its price segment with its low prices, high specs and smooth experience.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom/Recovery in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM/Recovery installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM/Recovery in your Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This method is working and tested on Motorola Moto G (2 Gen) with Unlocked Bootloader only. You can Unlock Bootloader from official site.
- Download and Install Moto USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Motorola Moto G.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Flash Custom Recovery:
- Follow all the steps given in Before You Begin section first.
- Download and Extract adb & fastboot zip file in a folder of your computer.
- Now download and move TWRP Recovery image in the Win32 folder in adb & fastboot folder and rename the TWRP file name from TWRP_22.214.171.124_Titan_v2.img to recovery.img
- Turn Off your device completely. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Button at same time for few seconds and it’ll boot your device in Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable (Make sure USB drivers are installed successfully).
- Now open the folder where adb & fastboot zip file is extracted, and then open the Win32 folder and press and hold the SHIFT button + Mouse right click and select Open command window here.
- A command window will appear on your desktop, type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Flashing will take few seconds after flashing type fastboot reboot in CMD and it will restart your device.
That’s it!! TWRP Custom Recovery is successfully flashed in your Motorola Moto G (2 Gen)… 😀