Motorola is gaining market in every segment of smartphones. Motorola launched the Moto X Style in September last year with specifications like a 5.7-inch QHD display, a 21 MP rear camera with 4K video recording support, Snapdragon 808 chipset with Adreno 418 GPU and 3 GB RAM. The device come with Android 5.1 Lollipop and is upgradable to 6.0 Marshmallow. In this guide, we’ll discuss about how to gain root access and flash TWRP custom recovery in your Motorola Moto X Style XT1575.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for the Motorola Moto X Style XT1575.
- Your device should have at least 40% battery.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- Bootloader of your Motorola device must be unlocked.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Motorola device in your PC or Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Moto X Style.
How To Flash Custom Recovery And Root Moto X Style
- Follow all steps written in the “Before You Begin” section and download all the required files from above.
- Download and extract the ADB & Fastboot zip files in a empty folder on your PC’s desktop.
- Move the downloaded TWRP Custom Recovery img file in the same folder where you extracted the ADB & Fastboot files.
- Connect your Moto X Style to PC using data cable (Make sure USB Drivers are installed in your PC).
- Move the downloaded SuperSU zip file in your device’s internal storage.
- Now, Open py_cmd.exe or MAF32.exe from the ADB & Fastboot folder.
- Now give the commands in the cmd : adb devices
- After that, give another command : adb reboot bootloader
- And now give this command to flash custom recovery : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now TWRP custom recovery is successfully flashed into your device.
- Boot your device into ADB mode, Press & hold Volume Down and Power key at same time and after 5-6 seconds release the Power key but keep holding the Volume Down key.
- Now you’re in ADB mode, Select Recovery in the ADB Mode (Use Volume Down button to scroll and Volume Up for selection).
- Finally you’re in TWRP Recovery mode, Tap on Install and select SuperSU zip file, Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Once SuperSU zip file is flashed, boot your device into System.
That’s it!! Congrats, Your Motorola Moto X Style XT1575 is successfully rooted now and TWRP custom recovery is flashed.