Find out How to Install/Flash/Update CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM in HTC Nexus 9 tablet with easy method and instructions. HTC tried to made a grand entry in tablet segment again with popular Nexus series and its seems that they are quite successful. The HTC Nexus 9 is first tablet in market with x64 processor and with its beautiful display and design it attract more and more people. In this article , we’ll guide you about How To Flash CM 12 Custom ROM in your device.
Image Source : gsmarena.com
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your device after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin:
- Make sure your Nexus 9 is fully charged (60-70% minimum).
- Your device must be rooted. Click Here for rooting method.
- Make sure TWRP Custom Recovery is installed in your device.
- Backup your apps and other data (You have to wipe your device during the flashing process).
Download Required Files:
How To Install CM 12 Custom ROM:
- Follow all the instructions written above properly for safe installation.
- Download Custom ROM and GAPPs zip file and transfer them into your device’s SD card.
- Boot into recovery mode. Switch off the device Press and hold the power and volume down button together, Release the buttons only when the Fastboot / Bootloader Mode menu appears. Use one of the Volume buttons to change highlight Recovery Mode and press Power button to select it. The custom TWRP / CWM Recovery menu should now appear.
- Backup your current ROM from your custom recovery.
- Do a complete wipe, data and cache.(includes Dalvik Cache).
- Navigate to your SD Card and select the ROM zip file. Flash the ROM.
- After flashing Custom ROM zip file, navigate to GAPPs in your SD card and flash it too.
- Now reboot your device (First boot may take few minutes).
Root : From CM 12 root permissions can be enable by going into settings>developer settings.