How To Install CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM In LG G3
Find out How To Install/Flash/Update the CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM in LG G3 with easy method and instructions. LG G3 is a very popular device like its older friend LG G2. The device is packed with high end specs and beautiful QHD display. CyanogenMod developer team developed custom ROM for this beast and in this article we’ll guide you how to install it.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your device after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin:
- Make sure your LG G3 is fully charged (60-70% minimum).
- Your device must be rooted. Click Here for rooting method.
- Make sure TWRP Custom Recovery is installed in your device.
- Backup your apps and other data (You have to wipe your device during the flashing process).
Download Required Files:
How To Update LG G3 To Android Lollipop:
- Follow all the instructions written above properly for safe installation.
- Download Custom ROM and GAPPs zip file and transfer them into your device’s SD card.
- Boot into recovery mode. Switch off the device Press and hold the power and volume down button together When the LG boot animation shows up release for just a second and again hold on You’ll be greeted with the factory data reset screen. Do not fear, if you have a custom recovery installed you’ll not have your data deleted Press the power button 3 times.
- Backup your current ROM from your custom recovery.
- Do a complete wipe, data and cache.(includes Dalvik Cache).
- Navigate to your SD Card and select the ROM zip file. Flash the ROM.
- After flashing Custom ROM zip file, navigate to GAPPs in your SD card and flash it too.
- Now reboot your device (First boot may take few minutes).
Root : From CM 12 root permissions can be enable by going into settings>developer settings.