In this article you will find out How To Install CWM/TWRP Custom Recovery On Nokia X with easy method and step by step instructions. Nokia X is the first Android smartphone from Nokia. Nokia X is packed with Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz Dual Core with 512 MB RAM support. Nokia X come with 3 MP rear camera, No front facing camera for video chat. The device has a 4-inch display with 800 x 480 screen resolution. I our last articles about Nokia X we showed you How To Root Nokia X and How To Install Google Play Services In Nokia X.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Nokia Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Nokia Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Nokia Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin:
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- You must have a Windows based PC or laptop.
- Download & Install USB Drivers for Nokia X in your PC.
- Your device must be rooted. Click here for Rooting method
- You device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make a Backup of all your important data stored in device.
Download Required Files:
- CWM Custom Recovery Image (cwm-6048-normandy.img)
- TWRP Custom Recovery Image (TWRP-18.104.22.168-normandy.img)
- Download ADB&Fastboot Zip file
How To Install Custom Recovery In Nokia X:
- Please follow all the steps given above.
- Download CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery Image file as per your choice.
- Download and Extract Fastboot+ADB zip file in you PC.
- Copy the Custom Recovery Image file in Fastboot ADB extracted folder.
- Now Press and hold the shift key and right click on an empty area within the folder, and click on Open Command Window Here.
- Now connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Now write adb devices in CMD and hit Enter, you’ll see that your device is connected. Now write adb reboot bootloader and hit Enter button again, It’ll boot your device in Bootloader mode.
- Enter the following command in CMD, If you want to install CWM Custom Recovery.
fastboot -i 0x0421 flash recovery cwm-6048-normandy.img
- Or Enter the following command in CMD, If you want to install TWRP Custom Recovery.
fastboot -i 0x0421 flash recovery TWRP-22.214.171.124-normandy.img
- This process will take few second. Once done, write fastboot reboot in CMD and hit Enter button.
- Now your device will reboot, If you want to boot in recovery mode. Write following command in CMD and hit Enter.
adb reboot recovery
That’s it Custom Recovery is successfully installed in your Nokia X.