Learn How To Install CWM Custom Recovery In Xiaomi Mi Pad using ADB and Stock Recovery, easy method and step by step instructions. In our last articles, we explained how to install developer edition MIUI ROM in Mi Pad and how to root Mi Pad. In this article we’ll guide you about how to install CWM Custom Recovery in your Mi Pad.
Before You Begin :
- Enable Developer Option and USB Debugging in your device. Click Here for instructions.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- You’ll need a PC and USB Cable.
Download Required Files :
- CWM Custom Recovery (Update_CWM_recovery_126.96.36.199_MiPad.zip), You need to sign in to download the file.
- Stock Recovery 2.0.1 (Update_Mi_recovery_MiPad.zip), You need to sign in to download the file.
How To Install CWM Custom Recovery In Mi Pad :
- Download both Stock Recovery and CWM Custom Recovery file in your PC and then transfer the downloaded files to ‘Computer\MI PAD\Internal storage’ (root folder of internal storage).
- Now disconnect your device from PC.
- Launch the Updater app, from the menu choose ‘Select update package’ and from Internal storage select the file Stock Recovery zip file (Update_Mi_recovery_MiPad.zip).
- The update process will start now, once finished you need to confirm reboot.
- Now for the installation of CWM Custom Recovery, follow the same method, Launch the Updater app, from the menu choose ‘Select update package’ and from Internal storage select the file CWM Custom Recovery zip file (Update_CWM_recovery_188.8.131.52_MiPad.zip).
- For checking after the reboot you can now reboot into CWM recovery by starting the Updater app again and choosing from the menu ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’.
That’s it!! Enjoy CWM Custom Recovery in your Xiaomi Mi Pad.