Sony Xperia Z operates on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean platform with Android 4.2.2 update support, and is packed with a host of features and hi-end technology, including a 5”Full HD 1080p Bravia 2 Reality Display, Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 13 megapixel fast-capture Cyber-Shot camera and 4G LTE. In addition, the Xperia Z features Sony’s Walkman technology for audio playback.
Another unique and interesting feature is being water and dust resistance that Sony Xperia Z offers.
Speaking at the launch of the smartphone, Dennis Van Schie, Corporate Vice President, Head of Sales & Marketing, Sony Mobile Communications, said “2013 will be a breakthrough year for Sony in the mobile sector. We are delivering on our objective to combine the best of Sony for an outstanding user experience.”
Now its time to install custom recovery in Sony Xperia Z for getting more from it
1. Before You Begin:
- Sony Xperia Z with Unlocked Bootloader only (Don’t try in any other device)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Sony Xperia Z USB driver for Windows and install in your computer
- Connect device to computer with USB cable to complete installation.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Sony PC Companion.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Download Required Files:
3. Installing Custom Recovery On Sony Xperia Z:
- Download & Extract Fastboot zip file in C Drive of you PC you will find a Fastboot & Adb folder in it.
- Download & Extract Custom Recovery zip file and you will find a boot.img in it.
- Copy boot.img file in the Fastboot & Adb > Win32 folder.
- Switch off your device to enter into “fastboot mode” by pressing and holding “Volume Up” button and immediately connect your phone via USB cable to your computer. And wait until the “LED lights up” with “blue color“.
- Now open Win32 folder and Press & hold shift key and press right click of mouse and click on Open Command Window Here.
- And then type“fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- After the successful flashing, Reboot your device and now you can use CWM Recovery in you device.
So, Here your work done 🙂 Enjoy….:D