If you are amongst some advanced Android users who like to hack their Android OS then Clockworkmod Recovery is the perfect start for you. Clockworkmod Recovery is a custom recovery that helps you to install Custom kernels, ROMs, various scripts etc. on your phone.BY EditAndroid
Also Check Out The Top 5 Best Custom Roms For Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile : Click Here
1. Before You Begin:if you want to root your device Click Here
- Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile (SGH-M919)
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Samsung Kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
3. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Firstly, turn off the phone completely.
- Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the warning message appeared on your phone screen. Press Volume up to continue.
- Open Odin V3.07 tool on your Computer (which you’ve just downloaded) & connect the phone using USB cable.Install Driver First…
- If your phone is connected successfully, you’ll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it.
- In Odin, tick PDA tab & choose “recovery.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure, you have NOT ticked Re-Partition box.
- Finally, hit the Start button to initiate flashing process of Clockworkmod Recovery on your Galaxy S4 M919.
- Wait till Odin finishes its task. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the ‘Pass’ message above ID:COM (with the Green background color) & device will restart automatically.
CWM Recovery is installed in your device.To check CWM Recovery (Turn off Device,Now Press & hold Volume up + Volume down button and by holding the two, press Power key till you get into Recovery interface).