How To Install Android 5.1.1 On Nexus 4, 5 and Nexus 9
Learn How To Install/Update/Flash Stock Android 5.1.1. Lollipop Firmware in Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 9 using ADB and Fastboot easy method and instructions. People love Nexus devices because of their performance and specification in reasonable price and also because they are the first smartphones to receive any latest Android update from Google. In this article, we’ll guide you about how to install the latest Android 5.1.1. lollipop update in LG Nexus 4, LG Nexus 5 and HTC Nexus 9 tablet using ADB and Fastboot files.
Before Your Begin:
- This method is only for Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 9 tablet only.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Nexus devices from here.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
- Create a backup of all your important data and contacts.
Download Required Files:
How To Install Android 5.0 In Nexus 4:
- First of all follow all the steps given above properly.
- Download and extract ADB & Fastboot zip file in a folder.
- Now download and extract the Factory image and you will another compressed file, Open it and extract it in folder where ADB and Fastboot files are extracted by you. You will get following files after extracting :
- bootloader image
- radio image
- Boot your Nexus device in bootloader mode now. Power off your device and then press and hold volume Down + power button until you boot into bootloader mode.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable (Make sure your device is connected properly and USB Drivers are installed).
- Run the flash-all.bat (For Windows)/flash-all.sh (For Linux and MAC) script depending on your desktop OS.
- Now just sit back and let the script do his work. After completion of process your device will automatically reboot.
- First reboot may take while (5-10 minutes) so don’t get panic.
That’s it!! Your Nexus device is successfully updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.