Find out How To Install/Update/Flash Android 5.0 Lollipop In Sony Xperia Z2 using CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM with easy method and instructions. Sony didn’t rolled out official Lollipop update for Xperia Z2 users till now but CyanogenMod team has come up with the latest “Nightly” builds for Xperia Z2. In this article, we’ll guide you about How to update your device to Android Lollipop.
Some Useful Links :
Before You Begin :
- This method is only for Sony Xperia SP.
- You have to root your device first and also install Custom Recovery in your device (Links given above).
- Make sure your device is charged at least 60% when you start process.
- Create a backup of all your files and data.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Xperia Z2 To Android Lollipop:
- Please follow all the steps given in “Before You Begin” section.
- Download the required files from above.
- Move the download Custom ROM and GApps zip file in root (not in any folder) of your SDcard.
- Now boot your device in Recovery Mode.
- Use Volume buttons for navigation and Power button for selection in Recovery Mode.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” and select the Custom ROM zip file and flash it.
- After flashing Custom ROM file, again select “Install zip from sd card” and flash GApps zip file.
- Now select “Reboot System Now” from Recovery menu (It will reboot your device).
- First boot can take some time so don’t panic.
That’s it guys.. Your device is running on Android Lollipop now.