Learn how to flash TWRP custom recovery in the flagship killer OnePlus 2 using ADB & Fastboot easy method and step by step instructions from us. Flashing TWRP Recovery is important if you want to root your device or want to install Custom ROMs and Mods.
Before You Begin
- This article is only for OnePlus 2 only.
- You’ll have to unlock bootloader of your OnePlus 2. Click Here and follow the instructions to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 2.
- Make sure your smartphone is 50%-60% charged.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your smartphone in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your OnePlus Two. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
Download Required Files
How To Flash Custom TWRP Recovery In OnePlus 2
- Make sure you complete all the steps mentioned above.
- Download and Install ADB & Fastboot Tools in your computer.
- Download the TWRP Custom Recovery Image and move it to the ADB & Fastboot Folder (C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\).
- Now, Run the MAF32.exe from the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder and a command prompt window will appear on your desktop.
- Now, Turn Off your OnePlus 2 and boot into Fastboot Mode.
- To boot into Fastboot Mode, press and hold Volume Up + Power Key until you see Fastboot logo on your device’s screen.
- Connect your device to PC using data cable.
- Now, type fastboot devices in the command prompt window and hit enter button.
- Now type another command fastboot flash recovery oneplus2-twrp.img and hit enter button again.
- You’ll see flashing process on your device screen.
That’s it!! TWRP Custom Recovery is successfully flashed in your OnePlus 2. To boot your device into Recovery Mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power Key until you see Recovery screen.