In this article we will show you How To Flash Custom Recovery on LG G2 (All Versions) with the easiest method and step by step instructions. LG G2 is very popular smartphone from LG. Some days ago LG G2 got Android 4.4.2 kitkat update also. LG G2 is the first smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and chipset. LG G2 has a 5.2 inch full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The device come with a 13 MP rear camera with LED flash for better photography and a 2.1 MP front facing camera for video chatting on full HD resolution.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your LG G2 Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your LG G2 Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your LG G2 Android Smartphone.
Some Benefits Of Rooting & Flashing Custom Recovery :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Before You Begin:
- This method is only for LG G2.
- Your device must be rooted . Click Here or Here or Here (After Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update) for step by step rooting method.
- Download & Install LG G2 USB Drivers from Here
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- We recommend you to make a backup of your data.
Download Required Files:
How to Flash Custom Recovery:
- Make sure you have done everything written on Before You Begin section.
- Now download all the three file provided in Download Required Files section.
- Now extract ioRoot zip files in a folder.
- Now extract Loki Flash zip file and open bin folder in it.
- You will find a Loki_Flash file inside, Copy this file in ioRoot extracted folder.
- Now rename the TWRP recovery to recovery.img only and copy it to the ioRoot folder also.
- Connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Open the ioRoot folder and hold Shift on your keyboard and right click in any blank space in that folder then select Open Command Window here.
- A Command Prompt will open on your desktop.
- Now type the commands with hitting enter after each line given below.
- adb push loki_flash /data/local/tmp/loki_flash
- adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
- adb shell
- cd /data/local/tmp
- chmod 777 loki_flash
- ./loki_flash recovery /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
- adb reboot recovery
- It will reboot your device..
Custom TWRP Recovery is successfully flashed in your device.