Samsung has just launched Galaxy S7 and it all over the news. The latest one from the popular S series from Samsung is packed with really good hardware and come with some excellent features. But this article is not about them, its about how to gain root access in your Samsung Galaxy S7 by flashing CF-Autoroot in your Galaxy S7 with Odin flash tool.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F. Don’t try this guide on any other smartphone.
- Charge your device’s battery at least 50% for safe rooting process.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this process.
- Download and install USB drivers in your PC or Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone.
- Create a backup of all your important data. Rooting doesn’t format your device but still we recommend you create backup first.
- Enable OEM Unlock on your device from the Developer options in Settings.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F
- Make sure you didn’t skip any of the steps mentioned above for safe rooting process.
- Download CF-Auto-Root.zip file in your PC and extract it in a empty folder.
- Now open Odin3 v3.10.6.exe in your PC and an Odin tool window will appear.
- Now turn off your device and boot it into Download Mode. By pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds. You’ll see a warning on your device’s screen, press Volume Up to continue and you’re in Download Mode now.
- Now connect your device to PC using data cable (Make sure USB drivers are already installed in your PC). After connecting your device to PC, you’ll see an Added!! message in log of Odin and a blue button (In the ID:COM section).
- Press AP button in Odin flash tool, a browsing window will open. Now navigate to the extracted files of CF-Auto-Root.zip and select the CF-Auto-Root-herolte-heroltexx-smg930f.tar.md5 file.
- Now press the Start button on Odin and wait for the rooting process to complete. Your smartphone will automatically reboot after that.
Now leave your smartphone alone for 3-5 minutes, it’ll reboot few times and then will boot into system. Your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F is successfully rooted using the CF-Auto-Root tool.