Learn How To Easily Root LG G Flex/LG G2/ G3/ G Pro 2/ L90 using LG Root Tool with easy method and step buy step instructions. Unjustified Dev from XDA has developed a very handy tool that works on a number of LG devices and their variants, including the LG G Flex 2. Below is the list of devices on which the LG Root Tool has been tested successfully:
- LG F60 (all variants)
- LG Tribute (all variants)
- LG G2 (all variants)
- LG MS 395/D393
- LG G3 (Lollipop- all variants except the Verizon one)
- LG G Flex 2
- LG G Pro 2
- LG L90 (all variants except the Verizon one)
- LG Transpyre
- LG Volt (LS740)
Image Source : NDTV.com
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom/Recovery in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM/Recovery installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM/Recovery in your Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin :
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your computer. Skip the step if you have already installed the drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone by going to Developer options under device Settings.
- Create backup of all your important data.
- Make sure your device is fully charged (Minimum 60%).
Download Required Files :
How To Root LG Devices:
- Extract the LG Root zip file to your desktop and open the folder.
- Now connect your LG device using the USB cable supplied by the OEM.
- Launch a command prompt from within the LG Root folder. You can do so by placing the mouse pointer at an empty space and pressing Shift+Right-click on your keyboard and selecting Open command prompt here option.
- When the command window is launched, issue the following command to make sure that your device is properly recognized.
- Having tested the connection, type the following command. You can copy/paste the code line in the cmd window to avoid mistakes.
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
- You will get a screen like this:
- The required files have been copied on the device. Disconnect the device and put it in the Download Mode. You can do this as follows:
- It’s time to find out to which COM Port your device is connected. You can know this by double-clicking the ports.bat file in the LG Root folder. Note down the COM Port number.
- Now issue the send command given below (replace the command port with yours):
- You’re now just a step ahead from gaining root. Type this command:
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
- You’ll get a string like shown in the screenshot.
- Done! Now pull out your phone’s battery to get out of the Download Mode.
Insert the battery back to its place and turn your device on. You have successfully rooted your device.