Download and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop in Motorola Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095 with easy method and step by step instrutions. In this method we will use ADB/Fastboot to flash Android 5.0 Lollipop image in your device. The Stock ROM is first posted by graffixnyc of XDA. This method is only for those device were never rooted.
Image Source : droid-life.com
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This method is working in Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095 (Never Rooted, With Stock Recovery)
- Download and Install Moto USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Motorola Moto X.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop:
- Follow all the steps given in Before You Begin section first.
- Download and Extract adb & fastboot zip file in a folder of your computer.
- Now download and move the Stock ROM zip file in the Win32 folder in extracted adb & fastboot folder.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable (Make sure USB drivers are installed successfully and USB Debugging is enabled). If any popup appear on your device’s screen asking for Allowing USB Debugging, confirm the prompt by pressing OK.
- Now open the folder where adb & fastboot zip file is extracted, and then open the Win32 folder and press and hold the SHIFT button + Mouse right click and select Open command window here.
- A command window will appear on your desktop, type adb reboot recovery and press enter (It will boot your device into Recovery mode).
- In Recovery Mode highlight the apply update from ADB option using the Volume down button and select it using Power button.
- Now in CMD type the following and press Enter to install Stock Android 5.0 in your Moto X :
adb sideload Blur_Version.21.21.42.victara_tmo.tmo.en.US.zip
- Flashing will take few seconds after flashing type fastboot reboot in CMD and it will restart your device. First boot will take few minutes.
That’s it!! Enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop in your Moto X.